Thursday, December 11, 2008

Emily Yates











Good health is so much more than eating well. It encompasses everything from positive, uplifting thoughts, vibrant energy, an inner sense of peace in our spirit, to a good diet, loving relationships, and all things that encourage us to grow in light and in truth. When we engage our lives in seeking these things, we become healthy and healthy becomes us. There is no separation. There is a quote by The Talmud, which says, “Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends down and whispers over it, Grow! Grow! Grow!” I too believe we are divinely guided and prompted for growth in all things that are good. If we seek that guidance and listen to it’s wisdom we not only find ourselves in a greater sense of health and well-being, but we are then able to help, lift, and encourage those around us to grow and become all they are meant to be as well.

I am a home-schooling mother of two boys with our third baby on the way. For the past five years, I have studied and learned about how to help my children and family eat and live nutritiously. I am an Herbalist, and have studied many modalities of holistic health, as well as being certified in Calyco Healing. I love spending time with my children and family, reading good books, listening to beautiful music, cooking, and being outdoors. I believe we all have the capacity to be vibrant, healthy beings and to share our light with all those around us. Nelson Mandela said, “We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” Just as I have found joy in healthy living, may you also be blessed to find the same!